summer pasta salad (serves 4-6, generously)
- 1 box of your favorite type of pasta, cooked and drained
- block cheddar cheese (or whatever you prefer), chopped in cubes*
- block of salami, chopped in cubes*
- mix of veggies, chopped (i used bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli)
- 1 shallot (this worked great! i typically use red onion but whole foods was out that day, so shallot it was), chopped
- 1 bottle of your favorite italian dressing
*For the salami and cheese I picked it up from the deli at my local grocer. Just ask for a three inch chunk of each!
throw everything in a bowl and add italian dressing. start with half the bottle then add as needed. mix it up and enjoy! served below alongside turkey burgers with a yogurt sauce and watermelon. perfect for a cool summers night or lunches throughout the week!
i have detested egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, you name it salad ever since i can remember. why you ask? these things usually all have one thing in common: mayo. i am a mayo hater for life and the second i taste it….the plate gets pushed away and put in the sink. until one day…i started seeing recipes using greek yogurt instead of mayo and kinda flipped out. how didn’t i think of this sooner? I CAN FINALLY MAKE ALL THESE THINGS, THE DAY HAS COME! i couldn’t wait to try my hand at egg salad with a twist. then i decided to put it on bread because i’ve never met a sandwich i didn’t like. enter radish & egg salad sandwiches.
radish & egg salad sandwiches (makes 4)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 4-6 pieces of bacon
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 bunch of radishes (probably 10 radishes)
- handful of chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- handful of pea shoots, sprouts or green garnish (arugula would be good too!)
- 8 slices of whole grain bread
start with boiling your eggs. if you are at a loss on how to boil eggs, follow this easy tutorial. throw your bacon in a pan and let it sizzle away. while those two are going, you can do your chopping. clean radishes, cut them in half then slice thinly. next, thinly slice chives so you have about 3 tablespoons. you can easily add more later if you are chive lover like yours truly.
once your eggs are done, let them cool, peel then chop roughly and put them in a big bowl. you can also chop up your perfectly crisped bacon and throw it in along with the chives and radishes. now, add in the greek yogurt, dijon mustard and salt.
to assemble, toast the bread slightly, spread on the egg salad and add your pea shoots or green of choice. enjoy!